Friday, 19 October 2012

Joys of Moving

Ahhh, the joys of moving house.

We are renting and a few weeks backs now we were sent an end of lease letter stating we need to be out by the 29th October due to the owner having sold their place and needing somewhere to stay till they got another house. So this started the search, slight problem my husband MJ is studying his CPA for Accounting and has a big exam coming up so he is in lockdown of study mode. So we could only fit in a few rental inspections here and there.

After a lot of dumpy looking place we found gold, and thank God we were blessed and got it last Friday. We get the keys tomorrow, but here comes the next issue, due to MJ studying I've been doing all the packing of boxes (thankfully my wonderful mother came and helped me out today) and sorting out.

We get the keys in the morning and I'll need to clean the house and then start moving a whole lot of boxes over on Sunday. With the help of my best mate and my darling parents we should get a fair bit done, while MJ is locked away with his head in his study books. In the midst of all this I injured my shoulder so I can't lift anything too heavy.

Next weekend all the furniture can be moved as MJ's exam is on this coming Wednesday so he will be finally free to help out. Poor thing, he's been so stressed studying for this exam, so much work involved. I'm so grateful for him, I couldn't do.

But, next Saturday I've got a wedding ceremony to attend so I'll get out of the furniture move but it will limit my time with helping out moving other items, but I think it's a fair trade off considering all the hard work I've put in so far and will put in this weekend.

I've taken some photos of the packing process and also a photo of my trusty supervisor who is always on hand to help out when she is needed (lazy cat).

Can't wait till I've moved in and I'll get to try out the new oven (cause the one here doesn't work at all, it cooks from the bottom up and burns everything) and finaly have a house not a villa or townhouse my own house (well rented one). So I can finally start all my creative 101 things to do. Very excited.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...