Friday, 23 November 2012

Fruitless/Fruitful Friday

5:00am alarm turns on. I'm up at this time of the day I haven't been awake at 5am in I can't remember. I've decided to go to the fruit/flower markets this morning. I wanted to see if I could save money and get more fruit.


Well that was fruitless literally. I couldn't buy anything there unless I wanted a massive box full of the stuff. I remember the last time I went with my mum (years ago) you could buy bits and bobs but not anymore. Oh well I might try the fruit markets not far from home next time.


I did enjoy visiting the flower markets again and bought myself a bunch of red roses ($4.40) and a bunch of purple and white flowers ($3.30) - good prices. I'm going to go back next month to get flowers for my birthday table setting/Christmas setting (as it's only a few days later). I bought the roses for a special reason (keep reading).

 

Well it was nice cool day today and I was at home and didn't have to do anything I didn't want to do. So after the markets I went food shopping at Woolworths and then the fruit shop (so it did come a fruitful today). Stopped by to pick up some pork from my brother (thank goodness I have a butcher in the family - cheaper meat). Came home and unpacked and then relaxed reading magazine while devouring a cupcake and decaf green tea.


Spent the afternoon playing around with the layout of my blog and learning more tips and tricks from Just B's blog school - what do you all think of my new layout? like?


Tonight I crossed another item off my 101 things in 1001 days list - Item 70 - Have a rose petal bath. I used the roses from the markets. I had a rose petal bath when I went to Penang back in 2010 and loved it and have always wanted another one. So doing this again and again.


MJ was at Sydney FC again (surprise they lost again) so I spoilt myself and had pork ribs in smokey BBQ sauce (gluten free sauce too). So finger licking good.


What a lovely way to spend a Friday - shopping, blogging and crossing things off my list.

Have a good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...