Thursday, 31 January 2013

A Month of Moments: Sorted

I was meant to post this last night but I ran out of time. 

I have finally got my summer throw finished and sorted. Oh my gosh the road blocks I hit with this one.

I was all gun ho when I first started this summer throw. I sewed up the whole front part in one afternoon and thought yeah I’ll have this done by the next afternoon. Well I’m only just finishing it now after 3 and 1/2 weeks. 

I needed a piece of backing fabric so I went through my fabric stash and just couldn’t find anything that was wide enough or long enough or you couldn’t see the colours through or that went well with it. I didn’t want to buy any fabric so I headed up to the Salvos store to see what they had, I bought myself a nice sheet for only $4 and came home washed it but while it was drying I just looked at the sheet and it just didn’t go all with my throw at all. So I then asked my mum and she had some fat quarters she wasn’t using that matched perfectly. So I thought brilliant so the next weekend I spent another afternoon sewing up the new fat quarters all happy and excited that I’d have this finished but then tragedy hit, it didn’t line up; it was way too skinny to go with my front piece, I was so upset. MJ suggested buying fabric but I just didn’t want to spend money.

So over this weekend just gone I gave up and went to Spotlight and bought 4 metres of some really pretty cotton material coloured ‘Cherry’ and it’s just perfect, the colour goes so well with the front panels. 

So I spent last night sewing up the fabric and attaching it to my fat quarters but tragedy almost struck again. Mischa came in to watch me and I was cutting along on the floor and she plopped down next me and started purring again me and she flicked her head and her ear went between the scissor blades just as I was about to bring them down to cut, thank God I saw it when I did or I would have cut my poor kittens ear off - that would have been a disasters and a half.

Now I’ve got to come up with my project for February now.   

My original front piece
My 2nd piece that was too skinny for the above piece
   
Mischa helping me pin

Sewing up - finally

Yeah it's finished - woo hoo!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...