Saturday, 23 February 2013

Sweet

Friday's Month of Home word was sweet. I so decided to cook us an Italian inspired dinner.

I used 3 recipes out of Nigella Lawson's new cookbook - Nigellissima. So I'm not really sure how Italian they are but it is an Italian recipe book (well inspired by the nation).

For the main course was Pork Chops with fennel seeds and allspice with a side of mock mash. The pork chops were so yummy and MJ said they it tasted like KFC flavouring - so maybe I've discovered one of the 11 secret herbs and spices. The mock mash was okay but I think it need more seasoning.

Dessert was Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake - oh my gosh - brilliant. But next time I'll use real Nutella because I've found out there is no substitute for the real thing. 

So that's now another 3 off my 150 Nigella recipes I want to cook - so the count is now up to 6.

My reviews are as follows:

Title: Pork Chops with fennel seeds and allspice (I used mixed spice but same thing)
Book/Page #: Nigellissima #60
Date cooked: 22/02/13
Review out of 5: 5
Eat again: Yes
Notes: Tasted like KFC flavouring


Title: Mock Mash
Book/Page #: Nigellissima #136
Date cooked: 22/02/13
Review out of 5: 3
Eat again: Maybe
Notes: Needs more seasoning



Final product

Title: Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
Book/Page #: Nigellissima #175
Date cooked: 22/02/13
Review out of 5: 4
Eat again: Yes
Notes: Next time use a bigger food processor and there is no substitute for Nutella

As you can see I kind of shop mainly at Woolworths - ha ha!

Just before the fridge

How it should look

How mine looked

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...