|My Grandmother - a lady who had true beauty and style|
Beauty and Style - do they go together?
I looked up the definitions online and came up with the following results:
- the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
- a beautiful person, especially a woman.
- a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
- Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
- an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty of the painting.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, especially good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness.
I think beauty and style are a personal thing, very intimate in fact cause what one deems beautiful and in style someone else may not. I know when I first started dating MJ, I was told by a one girl that MJ wasn't a very good looking man which I replied to saying "Love is blind" which she in turn replied "Differently in your case". I was shocked, who says that. To me, MJ is the most handsome man on this earth, of course I'm bias as he is my husband but he is a gorgeous person inside and out. Same with my mum, so many kids growing up would tease me how ugly she was, yeah right she is, she's a stunning lady - to me anyway.
I believe beauty really is in the eye of the behold and just cause someone has good style doesn't mean they are beautiful person, I know many people who dress lovely are nasty pieces of work.
Beauty comes from within - what's in your heart always shines to the outside world.