Thursday, 21 March 2013

Beauty and Style - Go together???

My Grandmother - a lady who had true beauty and style
 
Beauty and Style - do they go together?

I looked up the definitions online and came up with the following results:

Beauty:
  1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest). 
  2. a beautiful person, especially a woman.
  3. a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
  4. Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
  5. an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; grace; charm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty of the painting.
 Style:
  1. a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
  2. a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
  3. a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
  4. an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
  5. a mode of fashion, as in dress, especially good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness.
In a way beauty and style do go together as most people who are deemed beautiful usually do have a great sense of style. But then there is question of who decides what is beautiful and in style. 

I think beauty and style are a personal thing, very intimate in fact cause what one deems beautiful and in style someone else may not. I know when I first started dating MJ, I was told by a one girl that MJ wasn't a very good looking man which I replied to saying "Love is blind" which she in turn replied "Differently in your case". I was shocked, who says that. To me, MJ is the most handsome man on this earth, of course I'm bias as he is my husband but he is a gorgeous person inside and out. Same with my mum, so many kids growing up would tease me how ugly she was, yeah right she is, she's a stunning lady - to me anyway. 

I believe beauty really is in the eye of the behold and just cause someone has good style doesn't mean they are beautiful person, I know many people who dress lovely are nasty pieces of work. 

Beauty comes from within - what's in your heart always shines to the outside world. 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...