Monday, 18 March 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day

Yesterday was St Patrick's Day, so I decided to have my own little celebration and cook some Irish food.

We ended up eating it as a late lunch early dinner at 3pm, so it gave us enough time to cook, eat and clean up before church at 6:30pm.

I had so much fun cooking, it was lovely sunny day with a cold wind and it was just perfect being in the kitchen with the cool wind blowing through and the sun shining in too.

Main course was a home cooked Beef and Guinness Stew. It turned out divine, so yummy and so filling and the beef just fell apart - oh yum!!!


 
Dessert was called Ultimate Irish Apple Cake and it was the ultimate apple cake, just the best apple cake I've ever eaten and oh so easy to make. Thanks again Google for making recipes easy to find.





I'm really enjoying these cooking challenges I'm setting myself, in a few weeks there will be a big challenge coming up - Meatless Dinner Week. Six nights of meatless dinners, not sure how MJ is going to go - poor thing. I'm excited for a whole week every night a new and different dinner to cook. Yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...