Saturday, 27 April 2013

A Love Story of sorts

Yesterday was my 5th wedding anniversary. So I thought I'd share with you a love story:

My love story starts back when I was 17 and on the 10th of August 2002 when I went to a youth group event in the city. I’d been having troubles with some of the girls there so I decided to talk to the new boy and see what he was like and thought maybe he could be my new friend at youth group. Little did I know that decision would change my life forever (plus too I did nearly miss the bus that was taking us in there).

MJ and I were good mates till January 23rd 2003 when he asked me very timidly would I go out with him as he liked me. I was so shy but said yes as I’d never had a boyfriend before and was a little nervous. The rest you could say is history. 

On July 9th 2007 I was surprised after work with roses and a car trip, not knowing where we were going till we got to Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains. I was taken to this gorgeous lookout of the waterfalls where MJ got down on one knee and very happily asked me to be his wife. I was so excited I couldn’t speak (which is very rare for me to be out of words). 

It was so much fun planning the wedding and on April 26th 2008 MJ and I were married at the age of 23 in front of family and friends (some people thought we should have been older – but we had been together 5 years by then). So now 5 years later we are still going strong and yes we have our fights (and boy can we have some good ones) and our moments (so does everyone) but we come through it together and still liking each other. 

I think our secret  to a good marriage is I married my best friend. 

What's your love story? 

 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...