Friday, 10 May 2013

Is there such thing as a lady any more?

Is there such thing as a lady any more?

That's a question that has been coming up a lot lately in my head, are there still ladies around? and if so where? and are they teaching the next generation lady like manners?

So do you thing there are ladies still out there?

The reason I ask this question is I don't meet very many of them nowadays and a lot of young girls are no where near. A woman at work has been having troubles with her 12 years old in year 7, the bullying, teasing, fitting in issues are very prominent now and this poor girl is having a really rough time. Thanks to the joys of Facebook, Instagram, AskFm etc today's bullying doesn't just stop at the school gate, it comes home now too. This young girl is being witness to horrible sayings and things I would never expect to hear from teenage girls, comments like: go hang yourself, you're nothing, you're worthless , you're grandmother deserved to die and worse. Where are the next generation of ladies going to come from if this is coming out of the girl's mouths?

I personally don't know the solution or answer or where it all went wrong, but one thing is certain if I have daughters (and sons too) I'm going to teach them respect and kindness. I hope I can instil that into my future kids and I'll just pray and hope there will be some ladies in the future. I'll even make sure my niece and nephew (who's parents are already lovely) will also know love and kindness.

Let band together and help out each other and show the world there are ladies left and pass that onto the next generation. Who's with me? 

Picture found here

4 comments:

  1. I believe that parents play a large part in instilling good manners in their children. Children learn by mimicking their elders so if the adults surrounding the child are not of 'ladylike' or 'gentleman' behaviour, it is very hard for the child to know otherwise.
    P/S: I am sure you will teach positive values to your future child :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah children can only learn by example and if there is a bad example being show or no example they have no hope. Thank you for sharing, it's nice to know there are still ladies out there. P.S Thank for your kind compliment.

      Delete
  2. I don't know whether its about being a'lady', but kindness and respect for others are not negotiable for me. I'm trying to raise people who lead by example and take responsibility for their impact on others. I hope, hope, hope we all are - but then, our mums probably hoped the very same. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very true, we can only teach so much and just hope they listen and follow through. We all need to show kindness and respect.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...