Thursday, 1 August 2013

Cockatoo Island - Item #38

A few weekends back I got to cross item #38 off my 101 list - visit Cockatoo Island.

My friend and I have been trying to get over there now for about a year or more but every time we planned the day something went wrong, twice it rained and once she was sick. So finally fourth time lucky we planned and made it there but not after missing the ferry due to the annoying ferry guy and then being on the wrong wharf and running to catch the next one. It was a beautiful Sydney day - fantastic weather, I really enjoyed the ferry trip over.

We arrived on the island and processed to leave only 40 minutes later as there was nothing there of interest to us, I don't know why we even went now. It was something my friend wanted to do and I just went along for the ride. I think we might have stayed longer if we had of listened to the audio tour but neither of us really wanted to listen to it and I find audio tours are full of too much information and I just get lost in it all.

There is a lot of history on the island and if you are a history buff I'm sure you'll love it. I don't regret going as it was a fun day out with great company and awesome weather. After we caught the ferry back to Circular Quay we headed over to The Rocks markets for a wander around. Plus we planned our next city trip - we are going to walk across the Harbour Bridge and wander around Luna Park and then walk back over and back home. Looking forward to it.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...