Wednesday, 18 September 2013

When the dog bites, when the bee stings....

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad I simply remember my favourite things and then I don’t feel so bad.
It’s that time of the week, my weekly round of Month of Favourites. Please let me know your favourite things.
9. Cup
I’ve loving my Angry Birds Piggie mug at the moment. I got it from EB Games for only $8 – bargain









10. Room
Well it’s not a room but its part of a room. I love the recliner in the lounge room and curling up there to either read, watch TV or play on the Ipad. Mishca usually joins me there too, she loves it there also.









11. Film
Gone in 60 seconds – I’m not sure why I just find it a good movie plus I do have a little bit of a soft spot for Nicolas Cage.
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) Poster
12. Song
Midnight Queen by Nickelback – the lyrics aren’t really PG but it has such a catchy beat to it.
13. Dress
 a dress for the days when i want to channel grace kelly…
1950s vintage red floral dress from timelessvixenvintage on etsy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82908533/1950s-vintage-red-floral-watercolor
Love the colours of this dress so amazing (picture found here)
14. Recipe
My good ol’ stand by chilli con carne is my favourite.
Recipe:
 1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped, 
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500g lean beef mince
2 tps chilli power
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tbs oregano
400g can crushed tomoatoes
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tps soft brown sugar
1 tbs cider vinegar 
420g can red kidney beans, rinsed
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan (I use my electric frypan). Add onion and garlic and stir over a medium heat for about 5 mins or until softened. Add mince and cook over a high heat until well browned. Add chilli power, cayenne and oregano. Still well and cook over a medium heat for about 3 - 5 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water. Leave the chilli to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar, vinegar and beans, season with salt and pepper. Heat through for 5 minutes before serving - Enjoy!!!!
 15. TV Show
Revenge – I’m loving this show so much, the twists and turns you never know what is going to happen next. Can’t wait for season 3 to come onto Australian screen – whenever that’s happening.
Revenge (2011) Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...