Wednesday, 30 October 2013

A cupcake experience

On Saturday one of my mum's friends was having a lunch with a few of us to celebrate her 70th birthday. I volunteered to bake some cupcakes and decorate them for her. All was going according to plan until the Wednesday when I was asked to work 4 hours overtime on the Saturday morning. OH NO!!!

What was I going to do? I was out on the Friday night at one my husband's work functions so there was no time to cook them then and no time on Saturday morning.

My husband MJ put his hand up and volunteered - hooray - um no - slight problem MJ has never cooked cupcakes before, he's not even sure when to turn a steak over on the grill. But I had no other choice, so I grilled him about how to do it and left strict instructions to follow.

I was nervous all morning at work but I was so surprised when I arrived home and they were not only edible but really really good. I was so proud I couldn't believe he done it except I noticed all the vanilla essence was gone and the poor thing had thought tsp stood for tablespoon, but thankfully it didn't make a difference.

He thought the mixture should have been a bit more dense not so light and fluffy, but he just keep going as he was following the recipe. No matter how many times I say it, MJ still thinks muffins and cupcakes are the same thing.

I quickly whipped up the butter-cream and decorated with some punch out rice paper butterflies and silver glitter. The birthday girl was happy - yeah!!!!


(A Month of Food - No. 28 After Dinner (cause we had left overs for dessert) and No. 30 weekend)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...