Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Pork Pie - Yuck

When I was a kid my mum use to make Pork Pie at least once every 2 - 3 weeks. I hated it, not sure why but I really disliked the taste.

There was a rule in mum's house, if you didn't like a certain food you went without or just had to eat it anyway. When it came to Pork Pie, I tried to like it but I just couldn't stomach it, so this was the only time the rule got a little bent.

Mum had to hard boil some eggs to put in with the pork mince, so she would put on an extra two eggs for me. I use to get so excited when Pork Pie night came around cause I got to eat hard boiled eggs. I know I know it sounds very strange to get excited over two hard boiled eggs but I just did, so I'd eat my two little eggs and some salad for dinner and was quite content. Plus my brother and dad were happy cause since the Pork Pie cut into an even 6 it meant there was one piece left over (I one I didn't eat) and they got to split the leftovers for lunch the next day. So it all worked out in the end.



(A Month of Food: No. 20 Memory and No. 25 Dislike)

Image found here - this isn't the recipe mum used, she found it out of a magazine years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...