Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Welcome 2014 Goodbye 2013


Well it's the new year again - 2014!!!!!

2013 was an interesting year. I learned many a new thing about myself, changed my whole food lifestyle, let go of some old baggage, got disheartened, got excited, got disappointed and let down, had health issue with my husband MJ and now need to change whole lifestyles. I will say one thing about 2013 - it was a year of unearthing, so I think 2014 will be a year of discovery. 

Each new year that arrives I like to write myself a list of goals/resolutions/intentions whatever you call them for the year ahead. I like to have something to strive towards, to achieve, to focus on. But before I get into them I want to reflect back on my resolutions for 2013 and see if I achieved them (see post here).

2013 resolutions:

Focus more on my relationship with MJ and don't let life and people destroy it: Yes I did more this year but I still let life and others damage it more than it should have been. We attack each other sometimes instead of clinging to one another. This still needs more focus in 2014.

Be more creative. Continue my blog adventure: I did continue my blog which I'm proud of, I joined Twitter this year and got some new readers and followers (I've now also joined Instagram)

Prepare myself for being a mum: Yes I changed my eating and I’m differently healthier than I use to be and we have started trying (fingers crossed)

Continue to rely on God: I have but I’ve had my moments of downfall. It’s a lifelong journey.

Give myself permission to be me - forget about what others say: To a point but I’m not really sure who I am actually

Photograph more: No I’ve photographed less this year sadly

Learn to love myself: I have a little, I’m more comfortable in my skin than ever before but I still have a long way to go.

Love/Support MJ more: Yes but I’ve been too hard at points on him. I need to improve on this. I will always love him though.

Continue to work on fitness: Yes I’ve kept up with Zumba and have started doing Yoga in the mornings before work. I still would like to improve more though.

Floss more: No I sucked at this

So I don’t think I’ve done too badly with 2013 I have achieved and missed also but I moved forward.

So now drum roll please

2014 Resolutions 
  • Continue focusing on my relationship with MJ and continue to love/support him
  • Work on my mental and physical health – learn to mediate.
  • Continue to rely on God
  • Try to discover who I am
  • Try to live a greener lifestyle
  • Continue on with and grow my blog
  • Embrace creativity in all forms
  • Spend more time with my niece and nephew (they are just so crazy and make life so wonderful)
  • Forgive
  • Let go of anger
  • Love more

I’m looking forward to heading into this New Year with a focus and just ready to surrender to life and live it. 2014 is going to be awesome.

What are your plans for this New Year? Are you excited?

6 comments:

  1. I like that you have so many wholesome and realistic resolutions to live by in the New Year. There is nothing like a new year to reinforce our goals and hopes for our lives. Thank you so much for linking in to Sunshine Sunday and I wish you a wonderful 2014! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zanni, I love your idea of the Sunshine Sunday link ups, looking forward to doing some more. Hope you have a great 2014.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like 2013 was a huge year and you're planning a totally enormous one for 2014. I hope you achieve all of your goals, CJ. Especially that "try to discover who I am" goal... but a little hint from me to get you going: to discover who you are, all you need to do is ask yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big year and this is going to be bigger. Thank you.

      Thanks for the hint, I think I've just lost track of who I am as I've always taken on what others think I am. Not this year, I think I'm starting to figure it out step by step.

      Delete
  3. I love your recap of last year, its always good to reflect on just how much we accomplished, even the small things :) All the best for meeting your goals in 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. All the best for 2014!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...