Friday, 24 January 2014

Do Tastes Change?

Do your tastes change?

Mine certainly have over the years.

Growing up the only sport I would watch was the Olympics. Now I love the cricket, soccer and still love the Olympics. I even go and pay to watch cricket and soccer.

I use to love chocolate crackles at birthdays as a kid. Now as an adult I find them gag worthy and oh so gross to eat. I loved so many lollies and now I find them so sugary and can't stand them. There are some I do still love (red frogs anyone?)

I was never into Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, fantasy like that, now I love them. My husband even bought me a Klingon t-shirt and Spock oven mitt for Christmas.

I can carry a conversation about sport and Star Trek very easily. I can quote Simpsons lines with the best of them (we weren't allowed to watch The Simpsons as kids, that changed when I met MJ).

Tastes in food, music, books and tv shows have all changed and some have stayed the same.

Clothes has been the biggest changer over the years. I won't mention my vest phase, my belt phase, my crazy sock phase (which I do still do a little bit), my only boys clothes phase, my hat phase, my hair accessory phase, the list goes on and on. I hated dresses in high school, only a few years later and I fell in love with them and still have this love affair today.

I love that as humans we change and evolve, our likes and dislikes go up and down, round and round, we can like something one day and not appreciate it the next. We have freedom to pick and choose what we want to eat, read, watch, wear, listen to, enjoy. It's amazing we can do that, we can change our minds, drop something and pick it up again. It's all part of being human and having our own minds, it's truly astounding. 

Have your tastes changed? Let me know, please leave me a comment.

Picture via

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Mostly everything has changed, but I still have a love for 70's and 80's music and Grease. Nothing will change there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definitely some things that have stayed the same over the years, but probably more has changed than remained constant. My food preferences have changed heaps over the years as I've tried new things. The same goes for my sporting preferences. My clothing preferences change based on the point in my life - I actually used to enjoy wearing business gear and doing my makeup and all the rest, but now I love being able to wear workout clothes most days and just tossing my hair in a ponytail. We adapt to where we are in our lives and so long as we keep trying new things, our tastes will change accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that pharse "so long as we keep trying new things, our tastes will change accordingly" - that's so true.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...