Sunday, 23 March 2014

Cake Bake and Sweet Show

On Friday I was lucky enough to be able to attend The Cake Bake & Sweet Show at Homebush Bay in Sydney - thanks to the lovely 84th and 3rd who I won 2 tickets off her amazing blog (head over and check it out).


It was an awesome day. I loved every second of it. So much talent, knowledge, creativity and sugar all in one location.

The baking names were there: Adriano Zumbo, Duff Goldman, Eric Lanlard, Rowie Cakes and many more.





There were cake decorating lessons, cake displays, cake baking, dessert baking and a lot of liquid nitrogen around.


The stalls had everything you could imagine there for sale. I walked home with some mini cake decorating tools and a checkerboard cake tin set up.


The main stage had some big names - the highlight of the day for me was seeing Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes. Oh my was he a laugh. Such a funny man, he didn't even really make his dessert or finish it, he was mainly just having fun with the liquid nitrogen and pouring that all over the place. I learnt that KitchenAid mixers can really handle anything.


I got there about 10:20 in the morning and walked out at 5pm, filled with ideas, inspiration and happiness.

Amazing day, so looking forward to it next time it's on.








 

All photos and videos were taken by me on the day.

2 comments:

  1. The video doesn't work :(

    Those cakes look amazing though - did you get to taste any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the video should work now, I had the wrong setting in YouTube.

      No I didn't get to taste any of the cakes, but I did get an awesome hot chocolate from Zumbo's stand.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...