On Sunday we had Easter lunch with MJ's family - quite a few of his family are gluten intolerant so I wanted to make something everyone could eat and enjoy.
I took my usual choc chip cookie recipe and tweaked around with it and added a few more things.
Gluten/Dairy Free Choc Chip & Macadamia Giant cookie
- 125g dairy free butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 & 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour
- 3 & 1/2 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add egg and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- Shift in flour and baking powder, add chocolate chips and nuts, mix until well combined.
- I used a giant cookie mould for mine which I bake for about 15 mins until golden brown but you need to remove from oven let cool for 5 mins and turn it out and then place back in the oven for a further 5 -10 mins until fully cooked on the other side.
Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest