Saturday, 28 June 2014

World Cup Fever

We love the World Cup in our household, each time it's on MJ and I love watching the games and getting right into the competition spirit.

Australia played well considering they were in the "Group of Death" and I'm proud of how our nation represented.

Since it's World Cup time still for a few more weeks. I've been having a bit of fun with recipes and having like a little mini World Cup party (see number 66 on my 101 list).

First up I had to decorate my nails for the occasion - I found some inspiration from Pinterest and went from there. Here are the results:



The nationals I painted are: Switzerland, England, Japan, Ivory Coast, America and Greece. The green nails are for the grass on the field and Australia (green/gold).

We have Foxtel IQ so we've been lucky to be able to tape the games and watch them later so we haven't had to get up at 2am to watch Australia play. One weekend morning as a treat while watching the game I pulled out my waffle iron for the first time and whipped up an awesome batch of waffles - oh so good.


Last Sunday my parents came round to help fix up a few little things around our new place, so I thought I'd make them a yummy hot lunch.

I found these recipes off the Taste website.

First up Spiced Haloumi with Honey and Lime (see recipe here)


Followed by Brazilian-style chicken served with rice (see recipe here)


It was so filling and warming as it's been getting quite cold here in Sydney lately.

During the week we had a Brazilian feast, MJ loved coming home from work to find the table full of yummy hot food.

I created Brazilian beef strips and we made wraps out of it (see recipe here for beef)


Followed by a dessert with a difference - Caramelised Pineapple with Coconut Yoghurt (see recipe here)


I love playing around with themed food and it's really helped keep us in the spirit with this great game called football.

Also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...