Sunday, 6 July 2014

732 down 269 to go

I thought it was time for a 101 things in 1001 days update, my last update was July last year.

I've achieved a few of items on my list but I've also reassessed a number of them too. I've realised over the past year that I as a person have both grown and changed, and my priorities are now different from when I first started back in 2012. Also I realised that I put a few too many items on there that required a lot of money.

So I've crossed a few items off the list that I will not be completing but I am happy with what I have achieved and I still have a few things to work towards over the next  9 - 10 months.

1. Purchase a new DSLR Camera (maybe as a combined birthday/Christmas present this year)

2. Purchase a Macro Lens (Cannot afford)

3. Purchase a Fish Eye Lens (Cannot afford)

4. Learn to Crochet (well I started this one at craft camp in Feb 2013 so I'm still on the learning process but I have started to learn).

5. Start/Finish throw from Crochet magazine - I have started well the first square at least

6. Crochet a baby rug

7. Crochet baby booties

8. Finish dolphin cross stitch (still working on)

9. Have a baby (hopefully soon)

10. Study Aromatherapy

11. Climb the Harbour Bridge (Cannot afford)

12. Try a pottery class (completed last year at a community college)

13. Cook a 3 course dinner for both sets of parents (completed 4th July - post to come)

14. Make a kimono

15. Read through the whole of The Old Testament

16. Collect at least 20 Kimmidolls (I think this might be too ambitious) (3 so far)  (do not need 20 of them)

17. Have a baby shower

18. Start a vege garden Started one last year but sadly it was all damaged in the move

19. Own my own sea monkeys

20. Buy or make a purple coat

21. Take my nephew to the aquarium (see post here)

22. Eat at Platform One (see post here)

23. Take a drawing class

24. Read the Anne of Green Gables Series

25. Do the Minnamurra Rainforest bushwalk (see post here)

26. Take mum to Nutcote (completed see post here)

27. Make a skirt out of Australian tartan 

28. Make my Suzie Snowflake muff (I had one of these for a ballet dance I did when I was 7 and I've always wanted it again).

29. Walk in the Mother's Day Breast Cancer Walk Was unable to do

30. Do a photoshoot of my mum (she's so pretty)

31. Photo a day of my tummy when pregnant (I've always like the idea)

32. Do a cupcake decorating course (did 2 classes actually - lots of fun)

33. Try cooking macarons (see how I went here)

34. Make a macaron tower

35. Help mum make a red coat  - She bought one

36. Have a go at tempering chocolate

37. Cook all 50 curries in my 50 curries book (started 8/12/12 - still going I've cooked 5 so far)

38. Visit Cockatoo Island  (see post here)

39. Try making cake pops (have a look here)

40. Cook a souffle I've cooked both sweet and savoury

41. Start learning German again

42. Make a quilt with mum (squares are cut out)

43. Build a mosaic jigsaw puzzle

44. Do a Sydney Skyline crosstich for my husband (unable to do now)

45. Learn to paint designs on my nails completed many times over love it

46. Host Christmas at our place (enjoy post here)

47. Attend an Anzac Dawn Service (see post  here)

48. Buy a lucky bamboo plant (22/07/12 my husband bought me one)

49. Collect all of Nigella Lawson's cookbooks (one to go now Nigella Bites)

50. Bush-walk in the Blue Mountains (see post here)

51. Go camping (not going to happen)

52. Once a month cook a meal from a different country or culture (completed/still doing)

53. Have a sleepover with a friend  (not going to happen)

54. Make a new dress for my childhood rag doll

55. Buy Stephanie Alexander's cookbook  Do not want it anymore

56. Write/Illustrate a children's storybook

57. Scrap my husband's baby photos

58. Make a pair of jeans

59. Make a yum cha lunch

60. Buy a Barbie Jumper

61. Buy a Barbie T-shirt

62. Throw a themed party My dad's 70th party was an Aussie As theme

63. Sleepover with my nephew was so much fun

64. Buy a really good mix-master (completed 08/01/2013 - see here)

65. Enter a crosstitch in the Easter Show

66. Host a World Cup Soccer Party (Rio 2014) (see post here)

67. Cook a Thanksgiving Dinner

68. Cook a Traditional Christmas in July meal (coming soon)

69. Get a hot stone massage

70. Have a milk and rose petal bath (completed)

71. Buy a puppy (not going to happen)

72. Complete more photo challenges (completed)

73. Buy a full set of derwent pencils (My good friend gave me a set of my birthday in 2012)

74. Cook at least 150 different Nigella recipes (I've started - 13 so far)

75. Sew a Christmas dress

76. Run/Walk in the City to Surf (unable to do)

77. Design/Create a set of fairy wings

78. Try acupuncture

79. Buy a good set of saucepans (see post here)

80. Read the Blossum Street book series (not interested in book series now)

81. Try jam making

82. Learn about weather patterns

83. Cook a rainbow layer cake (see post here)

84. Buy a good pair of ugg boots (two pair actually one from Rivers and Cotton On both on special)

85. Collect all Gilmore Girls DVDs (Not interested any more)

86. Watch every eposide of Gilmore Girls (Not interested any more)

87. Do a First Aid course

88. Create a fairy garden

89. Have a home spa treatment weekend

90. Get my nails professionally done

91. Learn to handstand

92. Buy my husband Lego Millennium Falcon (it's on order)

93. Throw dad a 70th birthday party (2014) Done 15/2/14

94. Throw my husband and I a combined 30th birthday party (happening in October)

95. Swim with dolphins for my 30th

96. Buy a bike

97. Visit the snow (unable to afford)

98. Sleep under the stars

99. Buy an eternity ring

100. Go horseback riding

101. Blog about my 101 list (well I've started this one)

Start Date: 1st July 2012

Finish Date: 29th March 2015

Also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...