Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Christmas In July

I've always loved the idea of a white Christmas, with snow outside and a warm fire inside sipping on hot chocolate.

Well I'm never going actually have that experience or at least not in the near future so I thought I would have my own Christmas in July dinner.

But to make it a little different and to keep knocking down the 150 Nigella dishes on my list (see here) I thought I would throw a Nigella Christmas using her Christmas cookbook for myself and my husband.

First up - Entree


Title: Fully Loaded Potato Skins
Book/Page #: Nigella Christmas #40
Date Cooked: 19/07/14
Review out of 5: 4
Eat again: Yes
Notes: Little more cheese was needed - oh man was this awesome love crispy bacon

Next course - Main


A beautiful lamb roast served with Maple Roast Parsnips

Title: Maple-Roast Parsnips (see recipe online here)
Book/Page #: Nigella Christmas #130
Date Cooked: 19/07/14
Review out of 5: 2
Eat again: No
Notes: The maple syrup turned into a toffee and tasted too sweet plus the toffee got stuck in my teeth.

Now for the best part of all 3 course dinners - dessert


Title: Chocolate Pudding with Hot Chocolate Sauce (see recipe online here)
Book/Page #: Nigella Christmas #140
Date cooked: 19/07/14
Review out of 5: 5
Eat again: Yes please
Notes: None as it was completely awesome tasting. I think I might have overload on the chocolate sauce - actually no I take that back you can't overload on chocolate sauce.

Also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...