Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Recipe - Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins

On Sunday as part of #sundaybakingsunday by I Give You the Verbs, I decided to try out a new recipe idea - blueberry and cinnamon muffins.

I adapted my favourite Strawberry muffin recipe and changed a few things around and added this and that, and I've come up with a great yummy muffin recipe.


Blueberry & Cinnamon Muffins

3 cups plain flour
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 & 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (or more if you like)
130g butter (melted and cooled slightly)
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 punnet of blueberries (washed)

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line your cupcake/muffin tin with paper liners.

In a large bowl sift together flour, sugars, baking powder and cinnamon.

In another bowl mix together butter, eggs and milk (I find beating each egg before adding it to the mixture helps incorporate the eggs better)

Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, folding through to just combined and then fold in the blueberries. At this point you can taste the mixture and more cinnamon if you like.

Spoon the batter in the cupcake/muffin tin (I filled them about 1/2 way) and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.

Eat and enjoy.

Also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Hi CJ,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on myTaste Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).
    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on myTaste,
    myTaste Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi myTaste Australia - thank you very much for your interest in my site. I've joined today. I'll be having more recipes come up soon.

      Thank you very much.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...