Sunday, 23 November 2014

DIY - Fruit Salad Notepaper

There's been a real snailmail revolution going on out there now and I think it's fantastic. It's so wonderful to head out to your letter box and find pretty/happy letters waiting for you inside that all colourful and filled with beautiful words.

Today I want to share with you a project I've been working on - Fruit Salad Notepaper.

What a colourful way to brighten up someones letterbox and quite simple to make too.

First off the things you'll need to create this project are:

- Coloured cardstock
- Ruler, pen, pencil, scissors and rubber
- Scallop punch
- Coloured string
- Double sided tape
- Assorted fruit templates to trace (I just did a Google search for shapes)  


First step trace and cut out your fruit pieces. For the banana and pear I drew a stork freehanded out of brown cardstock to attach. The strawberry I created a top freehanded out of green cardstock and also with the strawberry I used a heart shaped template as a guide. 


Next all you need to do is using the double sided tape join the pieces together.

Once you have joined all the pieces together to resemble the fruit, draw lines across to act as the lines on the notepaper. For the watermelon using the scallop punch on one corner to make it look like a hungry person took a bite before posting it.


You can stop here if you like but if you are a fan of Fruit Ninja you can take this fruit combo notepaper to the next level. 

All you need is some black cardboard and trace out a circle - I used my double sided tape as a guide. Next using some coloured string, attach a small piece to the back to resemble the wick. Then using a white pencil draw on some notepaper lines. 


And now you have your very own Fruit Ninja notepaper to send off to a very surprised penpal or anyone you like.


If you make this project please send me photos I'd love to see them. 

Also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...