Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Wisdom I learnt from losing my Wisdom Teeth


They say you get wiser with age but this last week I've learnt you get wiser by losing some teeth - four teeth to be exact.

It's a big procedure to have your wisdom teeth removed - a not so pleasant or painless one either and to have all four taken out in the same week as your husband is just plain insane.

I'm not sure why they are called wisdom teeth as most of my family wouldn't say I'm a very wise person when I did have them in my head but maybe just maybe you get the wisdom once they are removed.

I've learnt some really important life lessons in the last week and I think I've gain some wisdom from them too.

First - you cannot rush the healing process - the pain will not go away just because you want it to or because it's inconvenient for you to be in pain.

Second - just because painkillers make your husband drowsy and fall asleep doesn't mean they'll do the same for you.

Three- all TV is good TV at 2am in the morning when you cannot sleep and you feel like someone has punched you in the mouth.

Four - apple baby food is a whole new food group and should be added to the regular daily diet.

Five - you find out who really cares about you and they might not care the way you excepted them to. This one has been a big learning curve for me. I realised that I put too higher expectations on people, people can only care for you in their own way. If their way is different to yours doesn't always mean they care less about you, it's just how they show it or know how to show it. You do mean something to some people.

Six - I only ever want to drink water from a pink straw, you feel so cool while doing it.

For anyone that has to get their wisdom teeth removed in the future, don't fear, the pain will get better, you will eventually be able to eat again (oh man I'm looking forward to a good steak) so just put your feet up and enjoy the jelly and ice-cream all the while cursing that darn tooth fairy for making you pay for the teeth this time.

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

Photo source here

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what your feeling! Hope you are on the mend soon! I'm so excited I can eat chocolate and pasta again it took me 2 weeks before I could try anything other than soup =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would miss food so much!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...