Friday, 30 January 2015

Nail Polish Holder - DIY

How do you store your nail polish?

Do you store them like me and in a draw on their sides?

Yes I'm sorry to say but that's how I use to store them as I didn't have anywhere else to put them.

Well after seeing a few ideas on Pinterest I decided to give my nail polishes a proper home.


This nail polish holder was really simple to make and only took a weekend to rig up. 

I'll share with you how. 

All you need is: 

- an old spice rack (I found mine at the local Salvos store for only $10) 
- sandpaper 
- paint in the colour of your choice (I bought white which I found for $2 at Bunnings in the rejects)
- washi tape 
- a stencil, paints and paintbrushes 


First off you need to give the spice rack a light sand and then a wipe down to get rid of any excess dust and dirt. 


Next give the rack a coat of paint in your colour of choice and allow to dry. Once dry do a second coat to finish it off, then allow to dry.  


Once fully dry, draw or use a stencil of the design you would like down the sides. I went for a wattle design as it was simple to trace on and paint. 


 I did 2 coats of the colours (I used acrylic paints) allowing drying time in-between each coat. 


Once dry add your details across the front panels, I used washi tape as I'm not a confident free-hand drawer plus I can always peel it off and change the design. 


Now introduce your nail polishes to their new home, I also put my perfumes on the top rack to help clear up more space on my dressing table. 


That's it, so easy to do and it looks great. 


Let me know what you think and if you make one send me a picture I'd love to see it. 

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...