Saturday, 10 January 2015

Never Fail Scones



When I was growing up my mother would try and make scones, but no matter what type of recipe she used (and she used many) they always seemed to fail. They were that bad us kids use to joke that you could de-rail train with them or put a hole in the wall, cause they were rock hard.

It wasn't till I was in high school in the late 90s that someone gave her a recipe entitled "Never Fail Scones". Mum laughed at that and thought "I'll prove it wrong" - well she was proven wrong, they worked. The scones were so light and fluffy and no way could they have de-railed a train.

When I got married back in 2008 she passed the recipe onto me and now I'm going to pass the recipe on to you.

Never Fail Scones

5 cups of self-raising flour - sifted
375ml can of lemonade (not diet as they will fail if you use diet)
300ml carton of cream

Combine all the ingredients together and mix until you have a kneadable dough - you don't want it too sticky but don't overwork it too much.

Once the dough is ready, roll out it out using a rolling pin until the dough is about 2cm think (depending on the size you would like your scones). Cut out using a small/medium rounded cookie cutter (you get about 30 or so scones depending on how big/thick you make them).

Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook in a moderate oven (I cooked mine in a 160°C fan forced oven) for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Allow to cool slightly (they are delicious still a tad warm) and serve with tea, homemade strawberry jam and cream.

Enjoy with friends and family - or just by yourself.

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...