Sunday, 15 February 2015

A lesson in forgiveness


I've learnt a massive lesson in forgiveness this month; it hit me like a ton of bricks, right in my heart, right in my soul, it brought me to my knees and to God for guidance.

I had an encounter with someone who was very dear to me, who I loved so much but who also hurt me just as hard.

I discovered during our moment, they will never say sorry, I’ll always be the one that walked away.

It was hard lesson to learn; one I knew would happen but didn’t want to believe or accept.

The only thing I can change is me, I can only control what I do and how I act, not someone else.

I’m still working through forgiveness and I hope to reach there one day but this has been a step towards it, an insight in human behaviour and hearts. We are complex beings with complex thoughts and emotions, we have the power to hurt or to heal and we have the power to forgive in time.

Do you have a lesson in forgiveness?

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

Photo taken by myself

2 comments:

  1. I have learned over time , as you said, while we can't control others we can control our own reactions to them. I'm not a good forgiving person but I have worked on reducing the amount of long term seething I used to do , through this understanding. That feels better.

    On another note, while I read your blog frequently , I haven't been commenting because I have had problems in the comments section ( not just yours but on a few other 'blogger' users too)
    I'm not sure if it's my glitch because I am using using an iPad (because it happens if I open through a twitter link or in a Safari) or a glitch in general. If I make a typo and delete to fix it I can no longer type in the comment box. I have only just worked out if I write my comment in notes then copy and paste to the comment section of your blog I can actually comment :) I wonder if others are having this problem too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way of looking at it, reduce the amount of seething. Thank you for sharing.

      Thanks for alerting me to this, I didn't realise. I've done a bit of a Google search and find out it's a iOS and browser issue and I can't fix it which is annoying. I'm glad you've found another way around it and hopefully Blogger will fix it eventually.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...