Monday, 1 June 2015

Enjoy the process


How often do we start a project and get so excited about the end product that we just can’t wait to finish and the project takes longer than we thought and we start to not enjoy the making? Or we just rush through so we can get the project done and move onto the next one?

I love being creative and creating wonderful things but annoyingly I get so caught up in the end product and if I don’t get fast results I lose interest. I’ve got a cross-stitch I’ve been doing for 6 years cause of this annoying habit.

I’m working on enjoying the process of making instead of rushing to the finish line, slowing down my thought pattern to just focus on each step at a time. Savouring the moment of each stitch, each thread, each square, feeling the material between my fingers or the wool in my hand. Being in the moment, instead of the future. Being fully present in what I am making, engaging all the senses. Thinking only about the current step and catching myself when I stray too far forward.

It’s not just in creative endeavours you can enjoy the process, you can enjoy the drive, the packing for holidays, the folding of clothes, smelling the shampoo while you wash your hair, walking to the shops. It’s all about being present in each moment and savouring what’s going on around you not thinking ahead too much.

Do you enjoy the process? Are you present in the moment? If so how do you do it, what do you do to savour the moment?

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this quote! I think that we all seem to be so time poor these days - that we want everything and we want it all now!
    It's good advice to slow down and savour the moment. I'm going to try to do it more now!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true, we want everything at once now.

      Glad to see someone else on board with slowing down.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...