Friday, 17 July 2015

Can Happiness and Anger co-exist?


Yes they can as you can’t have one without the other. 

You can’t know joy without knowing pain, peace without chaos, love without hate, and you can’t know happiness without despair.

So how does anger and happiness co-exist? When you open up and allow room for both to be in your life, you can still experience anger without it taking away happiness from your life.

Lately I’ve been experiencing a lot of anger, so much so it’s been taking over every fibre of my being and consuming my every thought. I pushed it aside for days, weeks even until it overtook so much of my thought processes I was getting headaches, dizziness and my sleeping was even more wacked out than normal. I prayed and keep being told the same thing – “journal”. After several days of this I finally did what I was told (about time I know God) and journaled my anger out. Oh my gosh - the release that occurred was almost instantaneous, my headaches/dizziness eased and I slept soundly for the first night in ages.

I’m still angry over the issues that are affecting me but I found a way to release my anger and still enjoy happiness in other areas of my life, by allowing the anger to be there and not fearing it but just letting it be a part of me and not pushing it away. That’s the biggest problem, I was fearing the anger, I kept pushing it down and down, hoping it would go away only to find it getting stronger and stronger. I feared expressing my anger as I didn’t want to appear out of control or sound like a bitch.

Most of us fear anger, fear that it makes us look horrible or out of control. Anger can be very hard to articulate the right words when expressing so can come out all wrong and sound worse than what we meant it to be. By putting pen to paper, you can get aggressive, get flustered, get annoyed and most importantly get it out of your head. That’s the biggest key, get it out of your head, get the reoccurring conversations out and down on paper, so you can free up the space inside your mind. Anger needs to be expressed or it can manifest into an explosion and create untold damage.

We need to stop fearing anger, anger can be a great tool. It can help you change your life or the world, help you know your passions, help make a difference, it can more you forward or even create new ideas. Anger in and of itself isn’t a bad thing, it the way we express it that can be the bad thing. Find a way to express your anger and feel the weight came off your shoulders. Remember sometimes we cannot fix what we are angry about, I know I can’t change or fix what’s making me angry and I need to accept that but finding ways to release that anger will help you stay happier in the long run.

How do you express your anger? Do you journal? Share with me your thoughts. 

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...