Monday, 20 July 2015

Tips for Happy Winter Feet

This post is sponsored by Scholl but all opinions are my own. 


Seriously whoever upset Elsa please say sorry.

I’m normally a big fan of winter but this year in Australia it’s been extra cold and I’ve been struggling to stay warm. I know there’s a lot of other countries that are colder in winter than us but it does feel like we’ve been transported into an eternal winter of Elsa proportions.

When my feet get cold the rest of me follows in suit, so I’ve been trying to find ways to thaw my toes out and keep them toasty, so I want to share with you five tips on how to get happy winter feet.

Tip One – Foot Soak:

There’s nothing a good foot soak won’t fix. All you need is a bucket that your feet can fit in, some warm water and a few drops of lavender oil (if you own a foot spa they’re good too). While relaxing catch up on a good book or a good show. I've been taping Season 2 of Scandal on Soho and I'm so love with Fitz and Liv – anyone else watch Scandal? 


Tip Two – Mini Pedi

After the foot soak while your skin is soft, scrub all the dead skin (ewww) off your feet. You can do this with a blade on a pair of scissors or a file. I found the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi is much quicker and easier plus feels like a mini massage for your feet. Rub in some good moisture cream (I used Velvet Smooth Moisture Cream) and a good lick of nail polish, will leave you feeling smooth and relaxed.

Tip Three – Comfy shoes

I struggle to find comfortable shoes, I mainly live in sneakers and uggs during winter but I do love to feel a bit dressy now and then. To make my shoes extra comfy I’ve started using gel inserts to help with heel pain plus I can swap them between shoes - bonus!


Tip Four – Foot massage

See if you can bribe your partner into giving you a foot massage while you sit back, read a magazine and sip some hot tea (ha ha - well I can dream can’t I?)

Instead give yourself a gentle foot massage using some moistening cream, slip on some cozy bed socks and crawl into bed with a cuppa and a magazine. 


Tip Five – Keep warm

Keeping your feet warm is the best way to keep them and you happy. Cozy socks, heaters, boots and blankets are what winter is made of.

Do you have any tips to share on how you keep warm during winter? 

Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...