Monday, 13 July 2015

Vegan Chocolate Chip Mousse

Chocolate mousse is one of my all time favourite desserts (my other fav is Sticky Date Pudding) but I find it can sometimes leave me feeling a bit - yuck! Thanks to all the cream/dairy. So imagine my surprise when I found out you could create a dairy-free version with the humble avocado with the added bonus of it being healthy.

So on the weekend I had a play round with my favourite recipe making a few tweaks here and there and adding the extra fun of chocolate chips. OH - MY - GOSH!!!!

What resulted was heaven. So without further ado, here's how you can recreate your own.


1 cup dried dates - diced small - soak in water for 10 mins
6 avocados - diced
1 1/3 cups raw cacao powder
2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons of organic vanilla essence
12 tablespoons of coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup cacao nibs

Combine all ingredients (except the cacao nibs) into a food processor then blend until combined and creamy. Once blended together stir through the cacao nibs.

Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.

This recipe makes about a small glass mixing bowl size, so plenty to share with friends or a few days worth for yourself.

Enjoy
 
Also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...