Thursday, 28 January 2016

101 list is no more


If you've been following me for awhile now you might remember my 101 things in 1001 days list (see here).

I've decided since reading "Better Than Before" and getting to know myself a little better that I will not be continuing with my 101 list.

Why?

I've started to realise that deadlines haunt me. When I'm given a deadline I only seem to start at the last minute and struggle to keep myself accountable (my obliger tendency coming out). Plus I find that deadlines put pressure on the task at hand and take the fun out of it, making it feel like a duty instead.

Don't get me wrong I still want to do the things on my list plus many much more but I need to take the guilt off myself and work toward these things at my own pace and in my own time, that way I'm not pressuring myself to be something that I am not.

Also I was finding myself feeling guilty for doing different tasks other than the ones on the list (which is just silly), plus I keep disappointing myself for not achieving things within a certain time frame.

Have you ever started something you thought was great and then changed your mind about it?

Also find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest

Photo source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...