Friday, 8 January 2016

Be a Beginner in 2016


2015 was the year of “push through fears”- which was a big challenge for me but I do believe that I was able to achieve that to a degree. 

I pushed through my fear of what people excepted of me and starting putting up some healthy boundaries (still more work to be done). I pushed through my fear of trying for a child (due to previous losses) and I’m now 27 weeks pregnant. I pushed through fears of what I thought I was and discovered something completely new. I will continue to push through my fears always and challenge myself to better than before.

Now onto 2016 theme: “be a beginner”.

I’ve got a terrible habit of excepting myself to be good at something straight away and I’ve been known to have a perfectionist streak (it runs in the family). This attribute prevents me from achieving so many different projects as I’m not willing to give myself the time that is required to learn something. I want to be good now, not later so most times I give up and do nothing. That means that I’m not doing any projects or achieving any of the things I desire to do because I’m not allowing myself to be a beginner. So this year – 2016 – I’m going to challenge myself and push through the fear and allow myself to be a beginner and make mistakes, take the time that is needed to learn and get better. Plus I’m not going to put time limits on myself to achieve certain aspects as I get annoyed when I fail to meet them as I didn’t learn quick enough.

This year will be really push me to be a beginner as I’ll become a mum in April and I sure as heck will be a beginner in so many ways, as you never know what a child will teach you next.

So this year will be a big year of pushing through fear again, fear of not knowing what to expect from becoming a mum but also a year to learn how to be a beginner. How to approach everything in life and every project from beginners eyes.

Do you have a theme for this year? Or a goal you’d like to achieve? Let me know I’d love to hear from you.

Also find me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you becoming a mum! You have a really exciting year ahead! Good luck with everything, I look forward to following along with your journey xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! IT's going to be a very different year for sure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...