Friday, 19 February 2016

You're more resilient than you think!


"You're more resilient that you give yourself credit for"

I've never heard anyone say that to me before until last week and it really got me thinking.

How do you become resilient?

Not sure about you but most days I don't feel very resilient, in the moments I feel like I'm drowning, struggling to stay standing and buckling under the pressure. Do you ever feel that way?

Then some how you look back and realise you did make it through, you got to the other side and you are still standing and you are still breathing. That's resilience. That's showing up each day and keeping on keeping on. That's what is meant by resilience, you wake up every morning and do the best you can with the resources at your disposable and then go to bed every night hoping you've done your best and you tried your hardest, then you get up the next day and do it all over again.

Then months or years down the track you look back over your life and your moments/experiences and realise you are stronger because of them. You have become more capable to handle moments then you were back then, you're still not sure how you did it but you did. You are strong, you are courageous, you are capable, you are magical, you are amazing.

I'm telling you today you are resilient - you are powerful - you are everything and more. It's might be hard to believe, I sure as heck know how hard it is to believe but you have the capacity to do it. Yes the moments will be tough and you will feel like you are breaking but you won't break, you'll stand up again and you will create some magic.

I believe in you!!!!  

Also find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest

Photo source here

4 comments:

  1. What a great message. I, as a new mum, asking a mummy friend, 'how do you do it?' She said, 'you don't have a choice. You just do it.' That's really stuck with me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

      I love that comment - "you just do it" - we cope somehow, thanks for sharing

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic CJ and a great reminder to us all! Thank you for sharing with us at Friday Favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Friday Favourites is a great idea, I love following along with your page.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...