Friday, 30 December 2016

Follow the Light in 2017


Another year over and a new one just beginning. 2016 was the year of "Be a Beginner" and I certainly learnt many lessons on being a beginner.

Becoming a mum to Star Boy was the biggest life changing experience in the universe, my entire life was flipped upside down, shaken about and tossed around pretty much on a daily basis. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a crazy ride but it's the best one.

I've learnt so much about myself and what I am capable of achieving. I made plenty of mistakes and took a few knocks, but I got back up, dusted off and tried again. Being a beginner is hard but it takes so much pressure off as being a beginner you aren't meant to know it all so it's makes it okay when it doesn't go to plan.

I'm going to continue with this theme always but for 2017 I want something new.

"Follow what lights me up" - I follow my calling by following what lights me up 

I often get caught up with what I think I should be following or pursuing and not paying attention to what actually lights me up. I discovered this year I like reading non-fiction and there's nothing wrong with that, I don't have to like stories, I can like what I like.

I want to do more of this, what interests me, not what interests others, my passions not others passions, my dreams not others dreams.

Follow what lights me up without a reason or an end goal insight, just for the sake of it. There doesn't need to be a motive behind all that I do, do it for the joy that it brings.

So 2017 bring on the LIGHT!

What's your theme for this year?

Photo source here

Also find me on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...